TWILIGHT RAINFOREST NATURE WALK TO RIVER ADVENTURE – (This tour is one of our puerto rico rainforest tours and is offered Tuesday through Saturday – activity code – EYT-TNWA):
El Yunque Tours offers Puerto Rico rainforest tours into the El Yunque National Forest, join us for the best guided tours in Puerto Rico! We are proud to offer El Yunque rainforest tours and transportation in addition for those looking to enjoy our El Yunque tours from San Juan, also our guided tours of the El Yunque rainforest are considered some of the best guided tours in puerto rico, so join us for a night walk through the El Yunque!
On this page, you can view the full tour activity description and requirements to participate, what to bring on your Puerto Rico rainforest tours and what to leave behind, in addition to any other details you may need for your tour. Furthermore if you decided to book an El Yunque Tour or Tours, please click the green “Book Now” button and follow the instructions! Hope to see you under the canopy!
Did you know that about 60% of Puerto Rico’s El Yunque National rainforest inhabitants are nocturnal and are very seldom seen during the daytime? Due to strict forestry park hours all guests visiting the El Yunque National forest must be out of Puerto Rico’s rainforest no later than 6:00pm. El Yunque Tours has been granted a permit that in addition allow us to take “One Tour Group” on one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours each and evening, to see a side of the rainforest that few have ever seen, heard or smelled!
Trust me it is an experience not to be missed! During our Puerto Rico rainforest tours you will have the opportunity to see Flora & Fauna, Scenic Views, Hardwood Trees, Streams and Rivers, 12′ deep natural swimming hole on a Wild and Scenic river known as the Rio Mammies and one of the finest natural swimming holes in Puerto Rico’s rainforest. Also view and hear Coqui’s (Tree Frogs) sing and see insects that light up the evening forest, Cucubano – (Pyrophorus Luminosus) or the native Puerto Rican firefly called Cucullo, truly a sight to be seen!
TWILIGHT RAINFOREST NATURE WALK TO RIVER ADVENTURE DETAILS:
Special Note – Due to the changing sunset times as a result of seasons, meeting times will vary. Once you have made your booking for one of our Puerto Rico Rainforest Tours, your confirmation will show the correct meeting time which will vary between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
4:30pm – Meeting Time at Angelito’s Trail Head – 4:30pm to 5:00pm – Group safety & pre-walk orientation, equipment dispersal (backpacks, towels, snacks and water) – 5:00pm to 7:00pm – Tour duration – Guided Nature Walk through Angelitos Trail with guides interpretation of daytime, flora, fauna, history, culture and a break at Las Damas Pool to enjoy snacks and swimming, weather permitting. Then on the return walk out Twilight falls and we see, smell and experience the El Yunque National Forest as it awakens! Upon our return to Angelitos Trailhead entrance, we will return our backpacks and towels, and our Puerto Rico rainforest tours come to a close, 8pm – Activity completion may vary based on time of year!
If you book this tour with transportation pick up time frames are approximately as follow: – San Juan – 3:00pm – Carolina – Isla Verde – 3:15pm – Rio Grande (Gran Melia) 3:45pm – Rio Grande (Wyndham Rio Mar) – 4:00pm, again this may very based on the time of year!
All family members welcome – minimum age to participate is 6 and older. (Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult).
El Yunque Tours p.p. rate – $57.75 (without transportation) sales tax and gate fees included.
El Yunque Tours p.p. rate – $80.75 (with transportation) sales tax and gate fees included.
If you are going in your own vehicle these are the coordinates for Google Map:
Copy & Paste on the Google Maps search bar.
If you are planing to visit Puerto Rico in the future and would like to book one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours or the Twilight Rainforest Nature Walk to River Adventure, click the green “Book Now” button and follow the instructions.
Please provide the following information:
Names and ages of the people in your group – Your email address and Cell phone number while in Puerto Rico – Activity code – (EYT-TNWA) – Dates you will visit Puerto Rico and the day/days you would like to enjoy one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours – Hotel or vacation rental you will be staying at. If you will need transportation or will you be renting a car/taxi Once booked, we will send you a confirmation and you’re ready to enjoy your El Yunque Tour into Puerto Rico’s rainforest!
“Twilight Rainforest Nature Walk to River Adventure is one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours”
“Step by Step Tour Description”
Did you know that about 60% of the El Yunque rainforest inhabitants are nocturnal, (Only out at night) and are very seldom seen during the daytime? Due to strict forestry park hours all guests visiting the El Yunque National forest must be out of Puerto Rico’s rainforest no later than 6:00pm!
As of 2014 El Yunque Tours has been granted a permit that will allow us to take “One Group” on our Puerto Rico rainforest tours each evening to see a side of El Yunque rainforest that few have ever seen, heard or smelled and trust me it is an experience not to be missed!
Imagine entering the forest just about one hour before the sunsets and via a guided nature walk tour learning about the daytime flora and fauna as walking along a manmade and natural trail that winds its way through the forest to a Wild and Scenic river better known as the Rio Mammies. Now if weather conditions permit, we will be able to take a dip in one of the El Yunque’s finest natural swimming holes, “Las Damas” pool (The Ladies pool) or just relax at the river bank and listen to the rushing water through the rocks!
After about thirty minutes its time to start our walk back out and no more perfect time than“Twilight”! All diurnal animals (active during daylight hours) are preparing to rest, as the nocturnal animals (active during nighttime hours) are starting to come to life. First we will notice the cooling of the air then the dew points rise and sounds become much more intense as new smells fill the air and night prepares to fall!
The only endemic mammal to the island of Puerto Rico the Bat takes flight, sounds of the Puerto Rican Screech Owl can be heard in the distance, insects are seen and heard, tree frogs of seventeen species start calling out to mates (Coqui) and aquatic life become more present as the El Yunque National rainforest awakes!
Come and enjoy our Puerto Rico rainforest tours as the El Yunque rainforest is asleep, (Day Time), then leave as it awakes, (Night Time)!
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE PUERTO RICO RAINFOREST TOURS NOT TO BE MISSED!
El Yunque Tours Include the Following:
Two CPR – First Aid certified guides per 20 guests, First Aid equipment and radio communications, Lightweight canvas backpack (one per guest), Clean dry towel (one per guest), Interpretation of day & night flora and fauna of El Yunque National Forest as well as the history of the Puerto Rican rainforest, 8oz. cold water bottle and pre-packaged snack, (Assorted nutria grain bars), One bottle and snack package per-guest supplied in the backpack and use of red lights for night walking and viewing of nature.
Requirements to Participate:
No – Children under 6 years old – 6 through 17 with adult supervision, No – Alcohol or consumption of alcohol during the tour – No – Smoking on or during the the tour or within the El Yunque National rainforest, Moderate / Easy activity (guest, must be semi-athletic to be active in this tour).
*This tour is not suggested for people that have had back problems and or knee surgery. Ladies six months and further along in their pregnancy are not allowed due to safety concerns and the potential for falling. This rainforest tour is not suggested for people with any heart conditions, open heart surgeries, heart murmurs, taking high blood pressure medication, asthmatic, diabetic and or have had recent surgeries that may make it difficult to walk at high elevations, walk up and down trails and or staircases for up to two hours.
What To Bring & What to Leave Behind:
Lightweight clothing and a change of dry clothes for the ride back to the hotel, as it is a “RAINFOREST” it could rain during the tour. If you sun burn easily, wear lightweight clothing white in color and long sleeves to help protect from the sun. Towel/Towels as maybe needed to dry off once back from your Puerto Rico rainforest tours. Light weight hiking shoes, hiking boots and closed sandals or water shoes which work great at the rocky entry into the river. Waterproof cameras and cell phones, (Bring at your own risk).
The following are only suggestions! Digital cameras or video if not waterproof, it does rain regularly. Paper documentation important to your vacation, passports, boarding passes and birth certificates or any others items you do not want to get wet. Large sums of money, expensive or important jewelry, any thing that is looped, loose and dangling. Anything that you would not want to lose, therefore should be left behind in a rental car or aboard the tour bus during your Puerto Rico rainforest tours or in a Safe Place at your hotel, These are only suggestions!
If you are going in your own vehicle to one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours, these are the coordinates for Google Maps:
Angelito Trail | 18.323188, -65.746902
Copy & Paste on the Google Maps search bar.
If you choose to bring items not recommended on one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours, El Yunque Tours will not be held responsible for any items you choose to take!
Thank you, for choosing El Yunque Tours for your Puerto Rico rainforest tours. If you need any further information, please feel free to contact us!
El Yunque Tours Supplies the following:
- Two CPR First Aid Certified guides per 20 guests.
- First Aid kits and radio communications.
- Lightweight canvas backpack (one per guest).
- Fresh clean towel (one per guest).
- Commentary of the day and night Flora and Fauna as well as the history of the Puerto Rico rainforest.
- Use of Red LED lights for seeing after dark and viewing nighttime Fauna.
- Pre-Packaged Snacks and Cold Bottled Waters.
- T-shirts lightweight jackets, shorts, and swimming apparel. (Change of dry clothes).
- Shoes, walking boots and or high top shoes or hiking boots.
- Flip Flops or Strap on water shoes for wading into the waterfall. (Please be informed that a change of shoes may be needed, this is a nature walk along natural trails mud and water may be encountered during this walk).
Things to Bring:
- Insect repellent.
- 50 SPF or higher Sunscreen.
- Bring plastic bag and or bags for your wet and muddy items.
- Cell Phones, Cameras 35mm or video (bring at your own risk).
- Slip-on water shoes for the wade into the waterfall do to rocks in this area. Raincoats and Ponchos as it is a Rainforest!
- Change of Dry Clothes for after the tour!
Things to Leave Behind:
- Jewelry, watches, bracelets and wallets anything you do not want to loose.
- Radios and media players, noise makers and or anything that may disturb the surrounding environment and or other guests.
- No Smoking and or fire of any kind will be permitted.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted while on this tour.
Requirements to Participate:
- Moderate / Easy – activity (guest, must be semi-athletic to be active in this tour).
- Children must be 6 years or older due to the risk of falling.
- This activity is not suggested for people that have had open heart surgery, back problems, knee surgery or ladies pregnant at any time in their term do to the risk of falling.
Trail Available for the Above Activity:
- Angelito Trail to Las Damas Natural pool and departing from Angelito Trail parking lot, (This activity is semi-athletic nature walk and is given on a man-made and natural trail).
- Any cancellation or changes to your reservation must be notified with no less than 48 hours prior to activity date.
- No shows to the tour without cancellation notice will incur the full charge of the activity cost.
- This tour is offer Tuesday through Saturday meeting at Angelito Trail.
- For Groups and Special requests, please contact our office via E-Mail at.
Tour Time Frames and Availability:
- Tour Time frames and Availability may vary as a result of seasons and weather and holidays!
- Please click the green “Book Now” Button for Live Calendars and Available Time Frames!
- In addition we also offers optional hotel pick-up and drop-off at San Juan hotels. Please note San Juan is approximately 1.5 hours from the tour site, based on traffic and in route guest pickup and returns. There is an eight passenger minimum for the transportation to be offered. Transportation Cost is $25.00 per passenger round trip.
Approximated Pickup Times from San Juan:
- Pickup Time from San Juan may vary based on seasons weather and holidays!
- Please click the green “Book Now” Button for Live Calendars and Available Pickup Time Frames!
- El Yunque Tours p.p. rate – $57.75 (without transportation) sales tax and gate fees included.
- El Yunque Tours p.p. rate – $80.75 (with transportation) sales tax and gate fees included.
If you are going in your own vehicle to one of our Puerto Rico rainforest tours these are the coordinates for Google Map:
Copy & Paste on the Google Maps search bar.
Tour not offered on the following dates:
- New Year day, Three King’s Day (January 6th), 4th of July, 25th of July, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve. Notice we close from Holy Thursday until the following Tuesday due to difficult access to the area such as, heavy traffic, extreme delays, and no parking areas.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact us! Thank you, for choosing El Yunque Tours for your Puerto Rico Rainforest Tours!